Add sparkle to your stitching with our Embroidery Glitter for fabrics! It's a lightweight, glittery material used for creating specialty appliques. The sheets contain real glitter flakes encased in a high quality heat sealing adhesive. Embroidery Glitter is an eye-catching, easy-to-use product that is a great alternative to metallic fill stitches. It adds pizzazz and sparkle to your stitching projects. Embroidery Glitter is a tearaway and creates a beautiful applique look without the need for cutting. This shiny applique material is fusible and adheres to cotton, uncoated polyester, fabric blends, wool, and linen. It's approved for use with any embroidery machine.
Use a design that has been digitized for applique.
1. Sew a tight running stitch as a placement outline on the garment.
2. Cut a piece of Embroidery Glitter slightly larger than your design.
3. Lightly spray the back side with a temporary adhesive and place on garment.
4. Embroider the design using a simple running stitch to tack it into place.
5. Remove from machine, but not from hoop.
6. Tear away the excess material.
7. Press from the backside with your iron at a setting of 330 to 390° F. Cover with a teflon sheet and press with firm, even pressure for 15-20 seconds.This will fuse the material into place. Do not use steam.
8. Place the hoop back into the embroidery machine and finish stitching your design. You will love the results - an appliqued design that sparkles in the sun!
Embroidery Glitter garments can be washed inside out with warm water on the gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat.
Q. How is Embroidery Glitter different from GlitterFlex Ultra?
A. It is similar to Glitterflex Ultra, but without the plastic carrier sheet. It is a tearaway rather than a cutaway. The cost for Embroidery Glitter is slightly less, since it does not include the carrier sheet. Both Embroidery Gliter and GlitterFlex Ultra work well as embroidery applique material, with stunning results!